Child Psychology Services
The Oxford Child Psychology Services team of fully accredited clinicians have experience in these areas; Child Psychology, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Clinical Psychology and Occupational Therapy.
We specialise in helping children and teens with learning difficulties, developmental problems, behavioural problems or other difficulties.
Oxford CBT offers both comprehensive child assessment and subsequent child counselling sessions for a range of developmental problems and learning difficulties.
Here is a list of some of the Child Psychology areas that we may help with:
- Anxiety, worry, panic attacks, phobias and obsessive compulsive disorder
- Depression, sadness and low mood
- Low self-esteem and lack of confidence
- Behavioural difficulties
- Developmental concerns
- Concerns linked to Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Asperger's Syndrome and Autism
- Issues in early childhood such as poor sleep, faddy eating, temper tantrums
- Bereavement and loss
- Difficulties with friendships and other relationships
- Attachment difficulties
- Anger management and other interpersonal emotional difficulties
- Sibling rivalry and other relationship difficulties
We can provide assessment of learning difficulty such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Asperger’s syndrome. Such learning difficulties often lead to accompanying behavioural difficulties and increased levels of anxiety and depression due to difficulties interacting with peers and family members.
"Got me back to school."Sept 2015
You may suspect your child may have problems in certain areas of their life or that their issues may be linked to learning difficulty such as Autism. We can provide a comprehensive assessment which includes questionnaires, interviews and child observations. This information is then collated into a detailed report with includes therapy or additional assessment recommendations.
If you want further information or to book an appointment please contact us at our Oxford practice centre.